Friday 24 September 2010

Treat yourself

The rain has been beating down for the past hour or so but all is now quiet. My baby girl is napping, I've just eating a ridiculously chocolatey pudding and all is well.

For me there won't be a yoga retreat in the next year - my retreat will be these moments of calm we get every day, we just don't always recognise them or appreciate them. For those of you with a little more time there's a yoga retreat I went on a few years ago in Spain that I would recommend (it was quite a few years ago now so I don't know how much it has changed). The retreat is called Kaliyoga in Andalucia and it is beautiful. The accommodation is perfect - one year I was in a tipi and the next I stayed in a room in the main house. The food is inspirational, and would tempt even the biggest meat eater to turn veggie.

The yoga classes were twice a day and if you can manage to go for a week you are sure to see an improvement in your yoga practice and hopefully feel the positive effects of this long after you fly back to London. There are treatments on hand, a pool to swim in, a hot tub to bubble in and a hammock to snooze in.
http://kaliyoga.com/yoga-retreat-detox-retreat-spain.php

It's also an ideal trip to combine with a weekend in Granada, a relaxed city with meandering streets, amazing tapas and the awe inspiring Alhambra. We stayed at the Casa Morisca http://www.hotelcasamorisca.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment